Saying Hello! (Meet the Founder)

We are all in this struggle called life. Get started here by saying hello and telling us about you and your hustle. Share your story.
theDH
Site Admin

Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:57 pm

Feel free to call me DH or Denver.

I started side hustling before side hustles were cool, even though I had no idea at the time. Back in high school, well over a decade ago now (#millennial), I realized I needed some extra money to do things on the weekend. As a freshman, I started the whole girlfriend thing - my high school sweetheart who I'm now happily married to(!!) - and I needed to be able to pay for those gifts and meals.

So I did what most kids do and started a web hosting company. I'd love to tell you that I sold the company for millions and I'm writing this from a beach in Fiji, but that wasn't quite the case. However, for a high school kid, I made plenty of money that didn't involve waiting tables or bagging groceries, and my first customer was from around the world.

I moved on to domains during my college years after getting one of those real jobs, but I kept the hustle up.

And throughout my career, I've done everything from selling domains to designing websites to hosting local business websites. These side hustles have been a way to pay down debt quickly, travel, or improve the lifestyle of my kids.

And I'm a little old school. Along the way I launched a forum which I later sold. Aside from discovering that I love forums over and above social media, I figured out that it was basically yet another side hustle.

I started Side Hustle Forums because there simply isn't a dedicated forum community to side hustles. There are plenty of great resources out there, but this is a place where you can talk about your side hustle and learn from others. It's a little less distracting than social media, and the people who join want to live and breathe side hustles.

You then realize that side hustles are a lifestyle. I kept noticing that most side hustlers often had more than one side hustle.

So if you're looking for a way to make some extra cash and maybe have a little fun along the way, Side Hustle Forums is a place to find inspiration, support, and friends.

Join Side Hustle Forums today!
Founder & Webmaster
Side Hustle Forums

Champions don’t do extraordinary things. They do ordinary things, but they do them without thinking, too fast for the other team to react. They follow the habits they’ve learned.
- Charles Duhigg, The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business